- Capital: Yerevan
- Population: 2,974,693
- Area: 29,743 square km
- Borders with: Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran and Turkey
- Armenia signed a Partnership and Cooperation Agreement with the EU in 1999
- Negotiations on an Association Agreement were completed in 2013 but an AA was not signed due to Armenia’s wish to join the Eurasian Economic Union (of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan), which it did at the beginning of 2015
- Armenia does not have visa liberalization, however a visa facilitation agreement came into force on 1 January 2014, which simplifies the process of applying for visas for short stays to the Schengen area for Armenian citizens
- Armenia adopted an Integrated Border Management Strategy in November 2010, and an Integrated Border Management Action Plan in 2011.