- Capital: Kiev
- Population: 44,429,471
- Area: 603,500 square km
- Borders with: Belarus, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia and Slovakia
- Ukraine signed an Association Agreement, including a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, with the EU in 2014
- The implementation of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement part of the Association Agreement has been postponed until 2016, as part of efforts towards establishing a peace process in Ukraine
- Ukraine has already adopted an Integrated Border Management strategy and action plan
- Ukraine signed a Visa Facilitation Agreement with the EU in 2013, but has yet to achieve full visa liberalization. To that end, however, it is in the process of implementing a Visa Liberalization Action Plan.